B-vitamins have numerous metabolic functions and there are several European health claims that can be used around them. Lynside® Forte B from Gnosis by Lesaffre, offer all the benefits of the 8 B-vitamins coupled with the benefits of yeast in an all-in-one formula that is easy to handle.
- B-vitamins are involved in numerous metabolic functions that are essential for health and wellbeing.
- The association of the 8 B-vitamins with yeast allows for the creation of food supplements and functional foods with a wide range of health benefits.
- Lynside® Forte B US (for the US market) and Lynside® Forte B 100 EU (for the european market) are perfect all-in-one formulas that are easy to dose: a bioavailable source of vitamins B with the nutritional value of yeast.
- In Europe, there are lots of health claims for the 8 B-vitamins.
What are the benefits of B-vitamins?
There are 8 vitamins in the B group. All of them are essential for normal physiological functions and have to be taken in small quantities from the diet. Because of their water solubility, they are not stored by the body and must be constantly replenished. Here are some of the health benefits of each B-vitamin.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine hydrochloride): normal function of the nervous system and normal psychological function.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): maintenance of normal vision.
- Vitamin B3-PP (Nicotinamide): maintenance of normal mucous membranes.
- Vitamin B5 (D-calcium pantothenate): normal synthesis and metabolism of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride): normal function of the immune system.
- Vitamin B7 or B8 (Biotin): maintenance of normal skin and hair; normal macronutrient metabolism.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid): normal homocysteine metabolism.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin): normal homocysteine metabolism; normal functioning of the nervous system; normal psychological function.
Supplementation with the entire B-complex vitamins is a more rational approach than selecting a small sub-set of one, two or three vitamins (1).
What are the advantages of B-vitamins fortified yeast?
Lynside® Forte B fortified yeasts from Gnosis by Lesaffre combine all the 8 B vitamins in controlled quantities, thus covering many health aspects and offering a wide range of claims. It also allows to benefit from the good nutritional profile of the yeast, which is rich in protein (more than 50% of its dry weight), fibers, and contains different minerals. This combination of yeast and 8 B-vitamins in an all-in-one formula is an extremely homogeneous powder that is very easy to handle. It is, for example, easier to dose in food supplements than B-vitamins alone.
Lynside® Forte B100 EU covers 100% of the EU NRV for B-vitamins with only 225mg, and Lynside® Forte BUS covers 100% of the US RDA with 500 mg. There are all-in 1 formulas ready to be used in tablets and capsules, alone or combined with other Gnosis by Lesaffre’s products. It is gluten and allergen free and ideal for vegan diet.
The bioavailability of B-vitamins from fortified yeast
Lynside® Forte B is a unique product that provides bioavailable B-vitamins. This was studied in a randomized placebo-controlled trial sponsored by Lesaffre, which focused on Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2) and Pyridoxine (B6). After randomization, healthy volunteers consumed either yeast fortified with B vitamins or a placebo during a low B complex breakfast. The blood analysis of the 3 vitamins gave the following results:
- B1: Thiamin is readily absorbed. Typical of the water-soluble B vitamins, its levels return to baseline in roughly 12 hours.
- B2: Riboflavin is readily taken up and cleared with kinetics similar to thiamin.
- B6: Pyridoxine is readily absorbed. Circulatory B6 was quantitated as pyridoxal phosphate, the active form of the vitamin bound to albumin, so it is much more stable in circulation.
In other words, in the 3 cases, B vitamins are readily absorbed, indicating that vitamins from Lynside® Forte B are biologically available.
Which health and wellness sectors can be reached with Lynside® Forte B?
Lynside® Forte B can be used in the following sectors, including:
– Heart health
– Sport and weight management
– Hair and skin-care
– Cognitive and mental performance
– Future mother
– Eye care and vision
For our fortified yeast Lynside® Forte B 100 EU, with only 35 mg, up to 24 EU claims* can be used.
* Definitive health claims can be accessed at https://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/labelling_nutrition/claims/register/public/?event=register.home
Lynside® Forte B can also be associated with our yeasts fortified with minerals, which allows for a broader scope of health benefits and health claims.
With its range of yeasts enriched with B vitamins, Gnosis by Lesaffre offers you to enjoy all the benefits of yeast and B-vitamins together.
Kennedy D. O. Nutrients 2016,8,68; doi:10.3390/nu8020068
DISCOVER ALL OUR LATEST NEWS
Support Longevity with the Premium Quality Methylator Agent: Exclusive Interview with Prof. Fuso, Ph.D
What is epigenetics, and what is its link to methylation?
New research shows increasing bone mineral density by 3% equates
This year’s SupplySide West set the stage for our first-of-its-kind,